Saturday, September 4, 2010

Five years

Yesterday Nic and I celebrated our fifth anniversary. Our favorite thing to say all day? Four happy years. We don't really count that first year, what with all the misunderstandings, hormone imbalances, and crocodile tears. It wasn't so funny then, but kind of hilarious now in a I-can't-believe-we-acted-like-that sort of way. We were both ridiculous. Silly, silly us.

Thankfully, being married has only gotten better--better to the point where I don't think either of us have ever been so happy. We both agree that this past year has by far been the best too, and that was even with me being pregnant. (I didn't even lose my mind while I was growing an entire person! I feel like I deserve a prize.) And now we have this perfect, wiggly, noisy, funny, beautiful daughter who is so awesome I kind of can't take it all in and we're so excited to grow with her.

Basically, I feel like doing some sort of cheer for our lives right now. We honestly worked our asses off (sorry Mom) to get here and everything has been 100 percent worth the effort. So thanks to all our family and friends for helping us along the way, and thanks Nic for being the best friend and husband a girl could have.

2 comments:

Alissa King said...

You know what I want to say, but I will just think it.

Rhymes with Disaster Schamster.

and

You're baby is still fat. All that happiness is making her fat. You should tone it down a bit. Happiness has twice as many calories as disgruntled-ness.

Julia M. said...

Congrats, Erin and Nic!

Ben and I have had those similar feelings the past year, too. Who knew having babies would be so unifying?

I'm glad you've had 4 happy years. Ours might only be 3 1/2. Tell Nic. Do you think he'd believe it?