Wednesday, June 5, 2013

In order of importance


Hey, did I ever mention that we sold our house? We'll have to talk about that later because, you guys, this happened:


Travis Wall posing for a picture with ME happened. I'm STILL geeking out!!!

Followers of my life know that I am a HUGE fan of So You Think You Can Dance? Like, an uber-fan. Like a 12-year-old girl celebrity crush infatuation. Like, I've watched the show for 10 years, go to the performance tours, go to the live auditions, and have been to a live taping. I'm that person. And I am unashamed!!!

For those of you who don't know, Travis Wall was the season 2 runner up and has been a love of my life ever since. He now choreographs for the show and has a dance company, Shaping Sound, that's currently on tour. Nic and I saw the performance a couple weeks ago at Capitol Theatre. I wish I had better words for how good it was. We were two rows from the stage. We could hear the dancers breathing and landing. I could feel the air moving. Oh, what I wouldn't give to be able to move my body like that for one single second.

We had a babysitter, thank you Mom and Dad, so we didn't have to be in a hurry to leave afterward. All the dancers were mingling, you know, like you do I guess. Travis came out and I was too nervous and shy to do anything. So Nic, my hero, walked right up to him, told him we were big fans, and took a picture for me. Travis even SMELLED amazing.

And that was it. I died. I'm actually dead right now writing this.

No comments: