Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Anniversary

Thank goodness for all the help I had trying to plan a wedding. The problem wasn't that I was overwhelmed or whatever, it was that I just didn't care a whole lot about all the crazy details.

And so when we were driving back from Salt Lake to my mother-in-law's house and saw the mass of dark clouds, rain, and lightening that seemed to be centered right over where we were supposed to have our outdoor reception, that didn't really matter to me either.

This picture is of me and Nic right after we got married and the storm was blowing over our reception area. What you can't see is all the people running all over trying to move everything inside and decide what to do now that everything was getting soaked. And you know what? I didn't care. I was content to just sit on the love seat with Nic and laugh about how he was really my husband now.

Plus, it all worked out in the end. The rain stopped at 7 p.m., right when our reception was scheduled to start. (If only things had gone so smoothly the rest of that first year.) And after three years, I'm still most content when I've got Nic next to me. The end.

No comments: