Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Six Months



Now that Norah's nearly seven months old, I suppose I should give you her six month stats:

Weight: 17 pounds 4 ounces. 75th percentile.
Height: 25 inches. 95th percentile.

Per usual, I made Nic come with me to get her shots. And per usual, Norah was all happy and smiley until the nurses betrayed her. But she did do way better this time. After her four month shots I had to take the next day off of work; this time she came to work with me right after and got to help me do some work on our product guide and try some guacamole.

We're starting to venture into the world of solid foods. It's still more of a "Hey I wanna suck on that too" sort of thing, but the entertainment value is amazing (for her and for us). And you'd better watch how close you let her get to things because little Grabby McGrab Face will have it in her mouth before you even realize that, hey, that's my phone (or my work, or my dinner, or my dog). You get the idea.

She's gotten to the age now where I kind of just want to freeze her in time. She sits up, isn't quite mobile, thinks I'm awesome, is easily entertained, and sleeps pretty well. Basically she's perfection. And yes, I'm sure I'll still like her just as much once she can crawl around, but gosh, imma miss being able to sit her down in one place and find her still there at any point afterward.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Whaaaa??? 6 months old already? Wow. She's so cute!

Tricia said...

Ohhhhhhh, I love six months. It really is the perfect time. They are so edible and immobile. Two wonderful things. :)