Thursday, July 7, 2011

I owe you a birthday post

We celebrated Norah's first birthday for, like, three days. You'd think I'd post about it. I'm not sure why I haven't. It may have to do with the fact that I'm still wrapping my head around the fact that my daughter is one. Oh, and I work full time. And I have a house, a husband, a daughter, two dogs (one of whom is very, very fat and hairy), two cats, a lawn to mow, and sanity to maintain. I'm not complaining; I've just been a little overwhelmed.

So, you get Fourth of July update and birthday will have to wait.

We got a splash pad in Eagle Mountain! It's kind of dinky and small but Norah thinks it's the best thing ever. We went on the Fourth and it was actually overcast and cold. Colman and Norah were the only ones willing to brave the chilly water.



We also had a BBQ with the Stewarts. Just look at Norah waving the Red, White, and Blue. Now that's an American baby that the Stewart family can be proud of.

I'm very amused with myself right now.

And guess what? Somebody discovered that opening drawers is super awesome fun. She's also very amused with herself--constantly. That means that she's starting to leave a visible path of destruction wherever she goes.


1 comment:

Alissa King said...

how did I not see this before you got here? oh yeah, because I was getting ready for you to get here!! and now you're gone :( I'm so glad you have a blog so I can see that little patriot whenever I want!!!