Sunday, May 18, 2008

Car showing


You can't imagine the sort of people that came out of the woodworks for the UVSC Car Show on Saturday. Here Nic and I are like suckers in matching T-shirts, and come to find out that shirts are actually optional. Hey, at least we're ready for next year.

The car show wasn't all hairy men and teased hair though. Nic and his brothers rented a booth for their business, Stewart Specialty Services, so it kind of when like this: Nic left who knows when in the morning while I was still in bed. I got to the car show, hung out for a while, went to a movie, went back to the car show, went home, finished my book, walked the dogs, and Nic was still at the car show. I don't think he stopped talking to people all day--except when we walked around to look at the bitchin' camaros.


The fact that Nic can talk to anyone about anything really comes in handy for stuff like this. Joking with the old men, chatting with the punk kids--he was in top form. All in all, it went really well and they got a lot of new business. Which, if you look at it like I do, is yet another step toward my future life as a lady of leisure.

No comments: