Wednesday, June 25, 2008

More Mater

Anyone who thinks owning your own company is great because you can work your own hours and be your own boss might want to think again--just ask Nic. Sure, he sets his own hours, but those hours usually end up starting at 7 a.m. and ending well after dark. Poor guy. Any time I work extra I'm showered with gift cards and multiple days off. (I'm pretty sure he's secretly jealous.) I suppose that's what he gets for not wanting a boss.

Anyway, remember Mater and how cute he was? Well, check him out now: Just four tires and a rusty frame. This is how he's been living for the past month or so while Nic's schedule has been out of control. But there is hope on the horizon for Nic and his neglected hobby. He picked up the metal to build a new frame last week and is going to order new tires next week. Now if he can just find time to put it all back together again, maybe Mater (and Nic) won't look so sad anymore.


(Oh, and one of the things I love about Nic is that when he took Mater all apart and saw how much rust and damage the frame had, it didn't even phase him. He just said, 'Huh, I guess I'll build my own frame from scratch.' Who does that?)

No comments: