Thursday, March 25, 2010

Starting the nursery

I've been shopping for baby Norah for months now, but I've actually made very few purchases. I've also been planning her nursery ever since we found out the gender, but again I've made very little progress. I have no less than one million links to nursery ideas and rooms that I love sitting in my Google account; I just can't seem to pull anything together.

However, I am THRILLED with the few items I do have. I bought this print on etsy.com. I'm not usually a fan of little cutsie sayings on the wall, but how sweet is this? It's hanging on the wall by the door--the first thing to actually have a permanent place and the first thing you see when you walk into the room.
And since I decided that I like me a subtle bird theme, I got this print that I've been eying for a while. Best of all, I have these incredible stitcheries from Alissa. The smaller one is titled "Multiply and Replenish." Don't the paisleys remind you of little cells dividing into a new, fabulous baby Norah? The larger one is called "Take off Your Top," which according to Alissa is how I got myself into this predicament in the first place.

I'm finding that I don't like a lot of really babyish stuff, so I'm choosing items that I would like to have in my house with or without a little girl. Plus, it's a real bonus when the items have special meaning--like the stitcheries.

Not wanting to spend a lot of money, I'm having Nic refinish a piece of furniture we already have and make it into a changing table. Then, he gets to refinish an existing dresser as well. I don't think he knows this yet, but I'm also having him build some sort of shelves on one of the walls (and in the closet too, sorry). Thanks for being so handy Nic!

Debbie has volunteered to make a crib set, I just need to settle on what fabric to use. Oh, and I bought a rocker on KSL that I need to recover. So I guess I have more than I thought; it's just all halfway done or not even started. Three months seems like forever when I think of my growing belly, but when it comes to finishing furniture I feel like I don't have enough time.

2 comments:

Alissa King said...

I love it, i LOVE it, i love IT!!

Oh baby girl nursery RAPTURE

Stefanie said...

I love all 4 of those things!! and your furniture sounds exciting - make sure to post pics when Nic gets it done :)