Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Dogged

As a little girl, I always imagined how great it would be to grow up and be able to have all the animals I ever wanted. Just imagine: There would be no one to tell me no--I could have any pet I chose! Turns out my mom had good reason to limit the animals in my life, because apparently there is such thing as too many. This is a lesson that Nic and I are relearning this week while we've had two additional dogs at the house. That's a total of four large dogs and two cats--although the cats have been understandably MIA.

Don't get me wrong. We love our visitors. Riley and Matilda are extremely well behaved and fun to have around and keep my two dogs entertained and thoroughly tired at the end of the day. It's just A LOT of dog to have to waddle around--and my balance isn't what it used to be.

But how adorable are these faces? Here's Matilda:

And Riley:

I wanted to get them all on the picnic table for a photo (it's happened before), but Riley was the only one willing to stay put. He got a treat.

And like all other animals I've ever met, these four are Nic's constant entourage. It's great when he's home because everyone loses all interest in whatever I'm doing. I'm hoping baby Norah reacts to him the same way.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

oh they ARE cute dogs!! Are you just tending them for a while? I love them all gathered around Nic. Too funny.

e.m. said...

you guys are THE best! seriously, can't thank you enough and promise to never do it again. p r o m i s e.