Tuesday, July 1, 2008

26

Can you believe that this cute boy grew up to dislike his birthday? I just don't know what has gone wrong during the past twenty-six years that would make him not want to celebrate a whole day all about him.

I guess I'm just too used to the way I celebrate my birthday--meaning the whole first week of December is treated as a time to eat out all I want, buy whatever I want, and make as many birthday wishes as Nic will let me get away with. Now that's a birthday.

But my perpetually more-humble-and-more-selfless-than-me husband continues to insist that his birthday is nothing to celebrate. And each year I continue my attempts to force him into birthday bliss.

Hopefully between the two of us, we'll find a happy medium. That, or Nic will just have to start pretending that a new swimming suit and sandals are something to jump up and down about.

No comments: